Daystar School is accepting applications for the 2012-13 school year. Click here for a Wonder Zone Pre-Kindergarten Application.
K-8 Application Process
1. Complete and submit the completed K-8 Application with a copy of the child's birth certificate and a non-refundable $50.00 application fee (per family).
2. Principal and Teacher Recommendation forms, copies of the child's last two report cards and most recent standardized test results (if applicable) are required to be submitted prior to the parent interview and student class visit. Recommendation forms are available through the office or online under "Students & Parents" then "Forms."
3. An interview will be scheduled for parents to learn more about Daystar School and discuss educational goals for the potential student.
4. A classroom visit and/or testing for the child may be required. When possible, this is scheduled to run concurrent to the parent interview.
5. The Admissions Committee will review applications following the interview and visit/testing. Parents will be notified of the Committee's decision by email or letter shortly after the interview.
6. Following notification of acceptance, the financial aid process begins (if applicable).
7. The enrollment form and a non-refundable $300 enrollment fee (per family) are due in the spring.
8. All parents must sign a financial plan agreement and set up an account with FACTS Tuition Management before the child's name is placed on the class roster. There is a one-time FACTS fee for the monthly payment plan.
Financial Aid is available to students in grades K-8. Financial Aid assessments are processed by Daystar's Financial Aid Committee using information provided by School and Student Services (SSS). There is a fee for this service.
If your application is contingent upon Financial Aid, please check the Financial Aid box on page 4 of the K-8 application form. Additional Information about Daystar's Passport or Financial Aid Program is available on our website or you can contact Gene Potoka for more details about the program.
Remit forms to
Daystar School Admissions
1550 S. State St.
Chicago, IL 60605